- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6-12 slices of thick white bread (1"-2" wide)
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mixing bowl
- Greased baking dish
- Aluminum foil
- Syrup (maple is recommended).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40-45 minutes
These simple instructions will guide you to make delicious Oven-Baked Carmel Pecan French Toast. This recipe is easy to make and does not require extensive baking experience or skill. Carmel Pecan French Toast is convenient in that it can be made with any type of thick white bread. Also, since the preparation is done the night before, this recipe will minimize time and mess so you are able to enjoy your mornings even more!
Step 1: Assemble Materials
1. Collect all materials prior to beginning to ensure you have the necessary amount of ingredients to make Caramel Pecan French Toast.
Note: The pecans can be omitted entirely if preferred, or if an allergy is present.
Step 2: Create Mixture in Saucepan
1. Combine the brown sugar, salted butter, and corn syrup into a saucepan and begin heating the ingredients.
2. Stir consistently with a spatula until the mixture is thickened.
Tip: Stove should be set at medium heat while
Step 3: Pour Mixture Into Dish
1. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
2. Evenly distribute the pecans into a greased baking dish while the mixture is still hot to allow the pecans to set into mixture.
Tip: A 9x13 baking dish is recommended.
Step 4: Place Bread Slices Into Dish
1. Place the slices of bread on top of mixture so that it fills the entire dish.
Note: In the photo displayed above, 11 slices of Italian bread are used.
Tip: The amount of slices used will be dependent on the type and size of bread, as well as the size of the dish being used.
Step 5: Combine Ingredients & Pour Into Pan
1. Combine the beaten eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
2. Stir until blended.
3. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread slices. The mixture should cover each bread slice.
Step 6: Cover & Chill
1. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
2. Store in the refrigerator.
Tip: For best results, chill overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours.
Step 7: Bake & Serve
1. Remove aluminum foil after removing from the refrigerator.
2. Bake the dish in an over set at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Caution: The dish will be hot when removing from the oven. Take protective measures to prevent burning.
3. After baking, remove slices from dish with a spatula.
Note: The toast will be golden brown and slightly crunchy on top and the bottom portion gooey.
You have now finished making your Caramel Pecan French Toast, and it is ready to serve. This breakfast can be enjoyed with or without syrup added. Enjoy!