Introduction: Oven Roasted Salmon on a Bed of Veggies With Quinoa!
Recipe: For 2 persons
* For the quinoa:
1 volume of quinoa: 150 gr quinoa, measured in a big mug, rinsed thoroughly under running water
2 volumes of water, in the same the big mug, where you measured your quinoa in
1/2 cube of vegetable broth or 1/4 cube if you want!
1/4 teaspoon dried couscous spices / Mine has a combo of cinnamon, coriander, black pepper, ginger, cloves & cayenne pepper in them!/
5 grins of finely milled black pepper
* For the oven roasted salmon pieces:
2 x 125 gr of organic salmon pieces, with skin on one side, cleaned
Maldon sea salt black pepper, finely milled
1/2 heaped teaspoon of dried oregano
* For the spiced oven roasted veggies:
3/4 butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds & threads removed, cut into bite-sized pieces, all even-sized
3 smaller red onions, peeled & cut into bigger wedges
1 big yellow paprika ( bell pepper ), seeds & white parts removed, cut into smaller strips
3 tablespoons of a fruity olive oil
8 grins of finely milled black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon hot curry powder/ I used Sharwoods Sharwoods hot curry powder!
1. Preheat your oven to 200° C (400 F ) for about 10 minutes. Take a large non-stick oven dish & place all of your veggies in 1 layer in it. Pour your spices & oil all over them. With clean hands, mingle everything well together. Take your 2 salmon pieces & divide your 1/2 heaped teaspoon oregano, all over the 2 pieces of salmon, also on the sides. Season with a bit of sea salt & about 3 grins of black pepper onto each salmon piece. Now, place your salmon on top of the veggies, neatly besides each other. Place into the hot oven & bake for about 25 -30 minutes in total. The first 15 minutes, bake on 200°C ( 400 F ) & then, the last 15 minutes on 225°C (437 F ). Check veggies often to prevent burning. Turn the veggies over if you need to, for an equal bake.
2. In the meantime, rinse your uncooked quinoa well with running water. Drain off. Bring 2 volumes of water to the boil & add 1/2 cube of vegetable stock. Whisk it well. Simmer your quinoa, stirring often until cooked through, quinoa has puffed up & nearly all the water is gone. Checkto taste. My quinoa took me 12 minutes of cooking. It said so on the package. Drain well to shake the excess of water off! Put back into the hot pot & add 1/4 teaspoon couscous herbs & 5 grins of finely milled black pepper. Mix well with a spoon. Taste! It has to taste fab! :) Keep warm.
3. Now, plate up. Take your plate & place your veggies on it. Lay your quinoa besides it, but not too much because quinoa really fills you up! Place your oven roasted salmon, in front of that & enjoy instantly with your loved one! Enjoy xxx! The fish is lovely roasted, the oregano goes so well with the fish & you find it also back into your roasted veggies & the hot curry powder gives it a bit of a kick!
You can find this tasty recipe also here on my blog: http://sophiesfoodiefiles.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/roasted-salmon-veggies-quinoa/
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.