This was a project that started with my wife's idea to create a princess bed with a large glass diamond placed on the top of each bed post. Then, a friend named Tom suggested we could make the diamond light up and then change colors. Together Tom and I learn about microcontrollers and LED. We decided on using an Arduino Mega 2560 and 4 RGB LEDs from RadioShack.
After learning about basic LED circuits, debouncing a switch, and programing in c and the Arduino IDE, the bed was assembled and operational. My first little princess loved the bed.
Many Thanks to my wife and my friend Tom for the idea and the inspiration to complete this project.