Step 5: Top Piece Drilling
- Drill Press
- Marking Tool
- Drill Bit Assortment
- 1 of Wood Screw
- 3 of 3" Hardwood Pieces
Dissassemble the workpiece. Lay it out as pictured. From top-most image to bottom-most:
- Top Piece: wood screw termination, 1/4 way hole, through hole
- Middle Piece: wood screw countersink, through hole, through hole
- Bottom Piece: through hole, through hole
- Using a large step-bit, enlarge the 1/4 way hole of the top piece to accomodate a much larger bit.
- Use a large drill bit to create a cavity for a machine screw & washer (ex. 1/2" drill bit).
- Rotate workpiece about the horizontal axis 90° over 'C', mark & drill (ex. 5/32" drill bit).