There is not a simple tutorial than this one and I have search the web looking for one with no result.
This one is simple and easy for everybody to follow. Enjoy! ;)
Dont forget to vote for me on the Arduino Challenge!!
Note: This tutorial is for those who are using the Arduino already. But If you haven't just yet with this tutorial you can.
Step 1: Materials
1. Arduino Board (my version is UNO).
2. 2 servos Parallax (Radio Shack).
3. Web Cam (optional) to see the movement.
4. 2 rubber bands to hold the Webcam in position.
5. Bread Board to make any connections easy.
6. 1 cable tie
7. Something to hold the servos in place.
8. A computer.
1. Arduino Software (to upload the code to move the 2 servos).
2. Process Software (to move the servos using the mouse)
Step 2: Connections
the servos using the picture.
Be advice that I label the servos so I can hook them the right way.
Also this works when connecting the webcam to them, you can see witch one
goes up & down and witch one goes right & left.
Follow the diagram for more help.
I have use a bread board to make the connections easy.
Connections: (each servo)
Black to GND
Red to 5V
Yellow or White to Analogs 0 and Analog 1
(Use the bread board to provide 5v to each servo)