Introduction: P4 Beats by Maya & Allen (how to Make Headphones)
Step 1: Procedure, and Sound Components
1. Take one plastic cup and put it upside down on a table.
2. Carefully take apart one of your pairs of magnets and put it at the bottom of the cup.
3. Take the other magnet and put it inside the cup, and move them so they are in the center.
4. Next, take copper wire, measure 6.5 ft., and use wire cutters to cut the measurement.
5. Use sandpaper to sand the ends of the wires using 2 inches.
6. Take a glue stick, and wrap one post-it around it.
7. Next, wrap your copper wire 30 times around the gluestick, leaving 2 inches off the sides.
8. Carefully slide your voice coil off of your glue stick.
9. Secure the voice coil, and place it around the magnet at the bottom of the cup.
10. Use electrical tape to keep the voice coil stuck to the cup.
11. Take one end of the voice coil, take an aux cord, and wrap the end with one stick of the voice coil, going through the little hole.
12. Repeat with the other end, and the other stick, and make sure the voice coils are wrapped tightly.
13. Lastly, plug your aux cord into your electronic, and enjoy your music, preferably Beyonce.
The three main components of a speaker are:
- Magnet- It provides a magnetic field
- Diaphragm/Cone- amplifies sound
- Voice coil- The vibrations strengthen the magnetic field
Voice coils vibrate by running an electrical current (electromagnetic field) through the wire, it produces a magnetic field surrounding the coil.
Given this information of how voice coils work, it turns into sound by being projected through the diaphragm and comes out as noise (also uses air as medium, and does not travel through space).
Our prototype results showed us that your headphones will be louder if you wrap your voice coils tight, and make sure they aren't loose. Also, it is best if you wrap the wire tight around your aux cord.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.