Step 7: Wiring the Electrodes
1. The smaller, corroding electrode goes through a red wire to the positive (+) terminal of the power source.
2. The larger, accumulating electrode goes through a white wire to the negative (-) terminal of the power source.
3. Immerse the electrodes into the muriatic acid used for cleaning as pictured.
4. Add hydrogen peroxide (3% pharmacy type) to the muriatic acid, turning it green.
5. Add scrap copper to the muriatic acid.
6. Block the jar top with a wad of dry paper towels to minimize acid release due to electrode bubbling.