Introduction: PCB HOLDER FOR EASY SOLDERING
I am back with another instructable!
In this instructables I will show you how to make a PCB Holder for soldering of components onto the Circuit Board. I have been using this for a while and this thing comes in very handy while soldering.
So i felt like sharing about the PCB Holder Project with you guys. This Is going to be a short Instructables and i will cover the steps involved in making the PCB Holder. This is made out of the scrap materials lying around my house and this is a very easy build!.
You can also have a look at my video for easy understanding the steps.
Step 1: Gather the Materials and Tools.
- Hexa Blade
- Steel rods(~5mm)
- Drilling Machine
- Wood Drill Bits
- Crocodile Clip
- Measuring Scale
- Scrap Wood
- Adhesive( Fevicol or any epoxy glue)
And some Basic Tools like Hammer, Pair or Pliers, Screw Drivers, etc..
Step 2: Make the Wooden Parts and the Metal Rods
There are totally 3 Wooden parts in this.
Cut 3 pieces of dimension ( 8cm*3cm*2cm) using a Hex-saw.
Piece 1- This for the base. Drill 2 holes on the surface for the rods.
Piece 2- Drill a Pair of holes On Horizontal side and vertical side. And a 10 mm Hole for the Nut and bolt.
Piece 3- For Holding the Crocodile Clips- Drill 2 holes on the horizontal surface. prepare the wooden pieces as shown in the image.
Totally we need 4 Metalrods. Any Alternative like plastic rods will be fine.
Cut the Metal rods using Angle grinder. I Used my drill with some homemade attachments to cut the metal as my grinder was broken:( Please don't try it as it is unsafe and i don't recommend it.)
Cut a Pair of 15 cm rods and a Pair of 8 cm rods.
Step 3: Assembly Time
Once you have finished the above mentioned steps, you are ready to assemble the parts.
- Screw the base wooden piece onto a wooden base. The size of the base is taken in random and depends on your comfort.
- Insert the 2 inch Nut and Bolt into the second wood piece and tight the bolt.
- Insert a Large spring(2.5 inch) and insert the Third wooden piece and fasten it using another nut.
- The third wooden piece is the moving part that can be rotated for turning the circuit board for inspection and soldering.
- The spring is required to have tension for the moving part.
- Insert the Metal rods and the rods holding the crocodile clip. Apply the epoxy glue to secure the metal rods in place.
Hence the PCB Holder is ready for use!
Step 4: Conclusion
We have successfully built the Circuit board Holder. This can be used for easy soldering and also for testing the circuit.
The Circuit Board can be rotated for easy inspection of the circuit connections.
I have built this Using the scrap materials lying around in my garage, and the cost of project is less than 50 rupees ($1).
If you like my idea of PCB Holder and think of making one, Please leave me a comment below. You can also share the images of your build by using " I Made It " Option Provided below.
H S Sandesh Hegde
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.