do you remember that days when LucasArts spawned so many great adventures?
Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and of course "The Secret of Monkey Island".
Too bad that this genre is almost dead. You can get five new shooters every month,
can get an account for thousands of MMORPGs but the if you're a fan of classic dventures you're almost lost.
From time to time I really missed that old classics, then came ScummVM. This totally awesome
piece of software let's you play all the LucasArts classics and several other adventures like
"Simon the Sorcerer" on modern computer systems.
As these games do not need a high end gaming system, so my idea was to install ScummVM on the Raspberry
and be able to play all these great games again and again.
Step 1: Paaaaaaaarrrrrghts! (I think pirates would spell it like this...)
- A Raspberry Pi
- A power supply
- Some kind of display, TV or monitor. Sorry, if you are a pirate with two eye patches, you won't be able to play :(
- A SDCard with Raspbian (follow install instructions here:)
- Connection to the Internet (to download ScummVM)
- keyboard and mouse, if you have two hooks instead of hands, it may be difficult to play...
- A legal not PIRATED copy of Monkey Islands
- An USB stick
- Another computer where you can copy the Monkey Island files to the USB stick
- optional: Grog :)
- optional: a nice little treasure chest would be a great case for the Raspberry Pi
- optional: a singing and cursing parrot for entertainment during the installation process