- Cut two pieces of PVC Pipe. This will vary based on how big a feeder you want to make. I used a 24 inch part for the top and a 12 inch piece for the base.
- Drill three (or more) holes into the smaller piece to allow the chickens to feed through.
- Use a small rasp or file to smooth out the edges of the openings and remove all loose pieces of PVC
- DO NOT USE ANY SOLVENT ON THE PVC!
- Place one of the tops on the longer section
- Place the 90 degree elbow on the bottom of the same section
- put the smaller section with the three holes into the other end of the 90 degree elbow
- Place the final cap on the end of the shorter pipe.
You are finished! Now in theory, this is a gravity feed system. You remove the top cap and pour in your chicken feed. It flows down to the bottom and the chickens can reach the feed through the holes you made in the bottom section. One thing to be careful with is that the bottom section is kept out of the rain or it will spoil the feed. Keep it under cover. I will post some pictures of it "in action" when they get big enough to use it.