After looking through some of the PVC guitar stands here on Instructables I decided to come up with one that had proportions that would fit the game guitars. The best part is that if you have the tools you can make this stand for only around $15.
Before proceeding, a few pieces of advice. First, I recommend dry fitting the entire stand BEFORE gluing it together. PVC cement drys very quickly and if you make a mistake it leaves little time to adjust the parts. Second, when you are ready to glue the stand together make sure you do it in a well ventilated area because the PVC primer and cement give off very strong fumes. Make sure you read all warnings before beginning!
Step 1: Parts List
- 2 - 10' sections of 1/2" PVC pipe
- 6 - 1/2" PVC 90-degree connectors
- 14 - 1/2" PVC end caps (smooth, not threaded)
- 16 - 1/2" PVC T-connectors
- PVC primer and cement
- Some way to cut PVC (hacksaw, miter saw, PVC cutter, etc.)
- Tape measure or ruler