Introduction: PVC Portfolio Carrying Handle
An easy-to-make carrying handle for transporting large pads to and from class.
Step 1: You Will Need...
- PVC pipe segments (1/2" diameter)
- 10x PVC corner joints (1/2" diameter)
- 2x PVC straight connector (1/2" diameter)
- Foam pipe insulation
- 2x adjustable bungee straps
- pipe cutter
- spray paint
- super glue
Step 2: Cutting the Pieces
Cut the 24" segments of PVC pipe into the following lengths with the pipe cutters.
*Note: the picture does not accurately show the quantity of 2" and 1" segments as listed. Follow the quantities as listed below:
- 12" (3x)
- 6" (1x)
- 2.5" (2x)
- 2" (4x)
- 1" (2x)
Step 3: Assembling the Frame
Follow the pictures for a step-by-step walkthrough in constructing the main frame of the handle. Each member is labeled with its length as it is added.
If you wish to paint your project, do so after making the frame and before moving on to the next steps.
The pipes can be secured into the joints by gently tapping them with a hammer. If additional support is needed for weight-bearing joints, use super glue to bond the connection.
Step 4: The Finishing Touches...
- Cut the pipe insulation to about 5.5"
- attach it to the 6" segment of PVC. Secure with glue.
- attach two adjustable bungee straps to the bottom pipe in the grooves created by the corner joint and the straight connector (see third picture)
Step 5: Voila
insert any large art into the cradle at the bottom and use the adjustable bungee chords to secure it. The handle is now ready to use!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.