Introduction: PVC USB/FM/Bluetooth Player
I wanted to make a home made gift article which is custom made by me. I found a piece of junk PVC pipe in my backyard, then I got an idea to make a USB player with this PVC pipe. I cut the PVC pipe and made the enclosure and painted. This is a mini, handy, portable, battery powered remote controlled player which plays music from different inputs. It plays from USB, SD card, FM, Bluetooth, AUX inputs. It is light weight, handy and easy to carry while camping also. It charges quickly because of using lithium battery. Let us start making it.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- PVC pipe 2.5"
- Lithium Battery Alexpress
- PAM 8403 Amplifier Aliexpress
- TP 4056 Lithium charging board Aliexpress
- MT 3608 Step up module Aliexpress
- 1S BMS Aliexpress
- Mp3 Decoder board with built in bluetooth receiver Aliexpress
- 2* 4ohm 3watt Speakers Aliexpress
- Slide Switch Aliexpress
- FM Antenna Aliexpress
- 3mm LED Aliexpress
- Epoxy glue (I used Araldite)
Step 2: Design
Cut the PVC according to the design given and cut holes for the electronics.
Step 3: Side Pannels
I took plastic casings from old DVR Tape. Mark and cut the plastic as per requirement as shown in pictures.
Step 4: Making the Door
- Mark square area to make a door and cut (Pics 1 to 4).
- Drill a hole for making a lock (Pic 6).
- Take a nail, bend and insert into the hole to make it as a lock (pics 7 to 11).
- Take plastic empty refill from a pen and cut into 3 parts, insert metal rod / wire into the refill and then glue both the ends (Pics 12 to 14).
- Glue the center part of the refill to the door and remaining two to the body(Pics 15,16).
Step 5: Speaker Holes
Drill speaker size hole with hole saw. Insert the speakers, apply hot glue and then solder wires.
Step 6: Wiring
Wire according to the schematics. Drill a hole for FM antenna and connect the wire. Hot glue all the electronics components inside PVC.
Step 7: Gluing
After wiring, except mp3 decoder and slide switch, I sealed everything by gluing with araldite.
Step 8: Paint Job
Sand everything and paint with white color. It is good to use plastic primer for even better finish. Paint top coat with 705 GOLD and apply clear coat.
Step 9: Finally
Use the left over PVC that you cut previously for the legs. Paint the legs and attach to the player with screws. Finally it's done....!