That translates into allowing you to create a custom firmware, with every payload, repository or, boot image you want, and if you do that wrong you can screw up your iPod (never new of somebody) only if you don't follow instructions
- Unlike Ziphone (*cough* stolen code *cough*), iLiberty +, iDemocracy or any iProgram if you restore your iPod, you wont loose your jailbreak, (theorically ill explain that later), and you won't be in the need of re-jailbreak and start from scratch.
- You can customize your Boot Images and restore ones
-Is the Dev Team's Official jailbreak (dev team is the people who cracked 2.0, and 1..0 and unlocked the iPhone first, Zibri, Geohot they come from Dev Team)
- Is the Most Stable Jailbreak
-can easly spot a jailbroken iPhone / iPot with the logos
- Works only for firmware 1.1.4 and 2.0 (not all the betas, and haven't tried with 1.1.5)
Step 1: Get some Soldiers
- iTunes (7.5 or up 7.7)
- WinPwn 1.001 from here WinPwn
- 1.1.4 [/http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware Firmware] download link
- iPod Touch
-a Holy Relic
If You are in firmware 1.1.4 (turn your iPod on and then go to settings / general / about / Version it should say 1,1.4 (4A102)
Are you on 1.1.4?
-YES: go to Step 3
-NO: go to Bonus stage 2
Step 2: BONUS: Upgrade to 1.1.4
- then click + shift on the restore button
- a window will popup look for your 1.1.4 you've downloaded
- open it and let iTunes do the work for you
-Light up a candle for your Holy Relic
- when you're asked if you want to restore to a backup simply click new iPod and give it a name, but DON'T add Music.