For this year's car I had the idea to make a full size replica of an arcade machine. But the key feature would be to have the machine playable. So I got a pile of wood, an old TV, and a plu-and-play Pac-Man game and locked myself in the garage for a few weeks.
This Instructable will walk you through the steps to create your own version of this car.
Step 1: Materials and Supplies
- 3/4 inch plywood
- 2X4 studs
- 1/4 plywood
- two 36" 5/16 threaded rods (with nuts and washers)
- two 36" square tubing
- go-cart steering kit including spindles and brackets (check on eBay)
- Metal Mesh or screen
- Various screws
- nuts and bolts
- water-based enamel paints
- 1 sheet of eigth inch clear acrylic plastic
- There are a million different things needed for this project. I'l mention them as I go along.
- Plug-and-play Video Game Unit