Step 1: Materials
- Pompom fringe in two different sizes
- Craft paint in blue, yellow, red, green, white
- Tacky glue (works better than standard white glue in this case)
- Googly eyes
- Needle and thread
- (not pictured) Black Sharpie
Use colored pompoms sold in packets rather than while ball fringe. It will be less time- and material-consuming. The downside to this may be that they don't hold their shape as well. Once painted, the pompoms become quite firm and easier to work with.
If you try the alternative option, skip to step 3, and make sure to post pictures!!!!!!
Step 2: Paint pompoms
- Dilute paint in some water. The more paint, the stiffer the resulting pompom. The more water, the less deep the resulting color.
- Soak LARGE pompoms in colored solutions. It won't take long for the pompom to absorb the color .
- Let dry
Step 3: Shape pompoms
- Cut all pompoms away from fringe base
- Cut slice in yellow pompoms for pac-man's mouth
- Cut bottoms of other pompoms flat
- With black marker, draw two triangles on flat side of pompom, front and back. Color in flat bottom
- Glue on googly eyes