The kids and I brainstormed several ideas for this contest and we settled on this one because it was the most inexpensive idea we could come up with that was still pretty darn awesome.
The idea is to play a game of Pac-man in real life, using the kids as the players.
To pull this off you will need:
1. T-shirts: a red, a blue, a pink, an orange, a white and a yellow
2. fabric paint: black, white, and blue
3. paint brushes
4. freezer paper
5. exact-o knife
7. computer and printer.
8. scissors and/or paper cutter
9. cardboard: to go inside shirts for painting and for use as cutting board
10. blue painter's tape: at least 2 rolls
11. plain paper: several sheets
12. colored paper: a few sheets
13. awesomely cool people to play
Step 1: T-shirts: making the stencil and preparing the shirt
ghosts: blue, pink, red, and orange
the cherry: white
To make the t-shirts, first you need to create a stencil if you don't want to free hand it.
1. cut pieces of freezer paper down to standard paper size: 8.5 x 11. It's easy and quick to use a paper cutter for this to make the cuts straight. You will need 10 sheets.
2. load the freezer paper sheets into your printer so that the image will print on the non- waxy side.
3. pull up the stencil images we have provided on your computer and print them full page. You will need to print 1 cherry, 1
pac-man, 4 normal ghosts, and 4 squiggly mouth ghosts.
4. Using a piece of cardboard as a cutting board, carefully use the exact-o knife to cut out all the black. Keep all the white pieces and the blue of the ghost eyes. We have labeled the pictures for you to know which parts you will need.
PREPARE THE SHIRT
1. insert a piece a cardboard or t-shirt form inside each shirt or just do one at a time if you are short on cardboard.
2. lay the shirt on a firm surface to iron
3. plug in the iron and iron the shirt to remove wrinkles
4. position the stencil on the shirt with the smooth waxy side down.
5. Iron the stencil on the shirt. This will melt the wax and adhere the stencil. Since the stencils are in multiple pieces, iron on the main part (the part with the edges of the original paper) and then position the inner parts within it and iron in place.
*note* the normal ghosts go on the front and the scaredy ghosts go on the back this way the ghosts can "transform" when the special pellets are eaten.