Introduction: Paint an Acoustic Guitar
The design was inspired by some art created by Blizzard Entertainment! A guy wanted me to paint something fun on his cheapy guitar!
What you need:
-Crystal Clear enamel spray
Step 1: Step 1: Prep
1. Take off the strings and anything you don't want to take the time to cover up! (I also took off the pick guard!)
2. Sand it up to remove any clear surface so the guitar will hold the primer better
3. use paitners tape and some paper to cover things you don't want covered in primer!
Step 2: Step 2: Prime
1. Use some spray primer and cover the guitar in light passes
2. Wait to dry
3. do another coat if you're not satisfied
4. Wait to dry
5. Optional-- i used a fine sand paper at this point and dusted away any access.
Step 3: Step 3: Outline Your Design
I free-handed a fun design on the guitar using a white colored pencil.
You could use a pencil and draw on your design at this point or use stencils or whatever!
Step 4: Step 4: Painting
I combined various amounts of water with white/blue acrylic paint and washed it on the guitar.
Step 5: Final Step: Seal
After everything dries and you're satisfied with your design-- seal it up!
I used Crystal Clear Enamel to protect the guitar.
I waited for the enamel to dry between coats.
After everything dries-- take your tape off, put the strings and pick guard back on-- and voila!
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial! Please join me on my facebook page for more!