Nothing says summer like seashells, especially in a bright shade of coral. These earrings are handmade versions of the "SHREVE,CRUMP & LOW Estate Collection Coral Shell Clip Earrings", found on 1stdibs.com. Super cute, but also $4,250. Obviously the 14K gold might have something to do with it, but I could personally care less about that part. I made my own version for about .00000362% (or so) of the original price.
Step 1: Supplies
- 2 seashells, from the beach or the store. I got mine at M&J Trimming in NYC.
- 2 gold charms
- Jewelry pliers
- Wire cutters (if your pliers don't have them)
- E6000/super glue
- Pair of earring posts and backings
- Acrylic paint of your choice. I mixed neon pink & orange (& later some white)
- Metallic acrylic paint (that matches your charms)
Step 2: Charms
I got these little guys at Beads on Fifth in NYC. Any kind of marine life charms would be perfect for this; seahorses, starfish, boats, or even more seashells.
Step 3: Paint
1) Paint the shells whatever color you'd like, and let dry.