I will show you one method to painting "old" signs for your mancave or special event or use them as artwork in your home or business.
Step 1: Tools and Supplies
1) a sign blank, metal or wood in whatever size you would like, this one is 16" X 24"
2) design idea, text or artwork, I laid mine out in Coreldraw but you can use whatever your comfortable with or just draw on the surface
3) paint, I used Sherwin Williams latex acrylics
4) brushes, I used cheap brushes I got in a 25 pack at a big store retailer
5) sandpaper, transfer paper
6) not necessary but I used some crackle medium to help age the paint