Step 1: Tools and Supplies
2) design idea, text or artwork, I laid mine out in Coreldraw but you can use whatever your comfortable with or just draw on the surface
3) paint, I used Sherwin Williams latex acrylics
4) brushes, I used cheap brushes I got in a 25 pack at a big store retailer
5) sandpaper, transfer paper
6) not necessary but I used some crackle medium to help age the paint
Step 2: Coating out
Coat the board in two contrasting colors, I used black then white. Apply the paint loosely you do not not need or want even or complete coverage, allow some wood to show through. When this is dry to the touch (I used a heat gun) apply your contrasting color I used white because the school colors are blue and white. let this dry to the touch and then take some high tack tape such as duct tape and apply randomly and pull off some of the paint.
I used some McLoskey special effects crackle glaze between these coats. there are similar products available at paint stores and craft stores.