Step 27: The end.
Here it is, the finished project.
The shingles were free. My nephew had them left over from a job and very nicely donated to the cause.
The mouldings, as I mentioned, were from my father-in-law. They really made a difference.
The four-panel front door was a six-panel door I got from a guy on craigslist. It was brand new!
I cut the little side rails from scrap fence pickets.
We spent a whopping $120 on paint. This was by far the biggest expense, but I am a firm believer in quality paint. Don't forget a LARGE bucket of exterior wood putty (no more than $8.) Just about every piece of siding had holes from pulled nails.
I later put a laminate floor down and paneled the inside in pegboard. We added some decorations here and there and the rest is history...