I have access to many pallets and pallets straps at work, so I wanted to make use of some of these besides for firewood :)
So I decided to make a chest for storing valuable keepsakes.
I hope you enjoy this instructable, and if you have any questions - fire away.
Please Remember to Vote for me in the Contest. Thank you.
Step 1: Get the Basic Shape
To start your Pallet Treasure Chest, you will need to gather some pallet boards, or what I found were pieces of strapping-like wood used as spacers between rolls of roofing material. I used these because I wanted to avoid any nail holes in the donor wood.
You will also need three pieces of 1"x12" pine board which will be used to create the side profile and serve as the base of the chest in hopes that it will be strong enough to support a little weight inside.
Other Materials required to build as pictured;
- Antique Brass Handles, these are regular drawer handles purchased on ebay.
- Antique Brass Latch, this was a decorative latch that allows use of a small padlock.
-Antique Brass Corners, for the bottom to avoid damage.
- Antique Brass (you guessed it) Hinges, bought at a local hardware store.
- Strips of Leather ( or in my case *faux* leather 120cm x 12mm)
- Small Brass Tacks, used to attach the straps to the Chest.