Introduction: Palletized for Coffee Lovers
This is how I up cycled some old wood and a couple of asparagus boxes to make a mini pallet for a coffee cup holder .
Step 1: Tools and Scrap Wood
You will need to collect some tools , these are a few that I borrowed from my old man (hehe)
1. drill with a 3 kinds of drill bits (1/16, 5/64, 1-1/8 hole saw)
2. jig saw
9. a beer for my old man (helper)
10. old asparagus box . I used 2
11. a small thing of scrap wood
Step 2: Time to Disassemble and Set Up for the Mini Pallet
1. pull the nails out of the asparagus boxes (or what ever scrap wood you have available
) with the gloves and pliers
2. mark the board to make your side pieces
Step 3: Marking and Cutting
In this step we are going to make the holes for the fork lift in the back pieces of the wood for the mini pallet.
1. mark the spot where you think the fork lift should go on both sides.
2. drill the holes (2 on each side)
3. on the outside of each circle draw a straight line to connect them, this is where you will cut out
4. with your jigsaw cut along the lines
5. cut your board in half so you have two pieces. One for each side of your mini coffee pallet
Step 4: Assembly
This is the really fun part all your hard work is paying off and is starting to look like the mini pallet.
1. using the 1/16 drill bit make a holes to help with the nails.
2. install your first and last slats, be sure to square it all up.
3. nail the rest of your slats to the top of fork lift pieces.
4. nail on the bottom slats.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
Now we are all set to put on the finishing touches
1. screw your hooks into the places that you would like to have your coffee cups
2. screw your mini pallet to the wall
3. decorate with all your favorite coffee cups to enjoy
4. opt. you can paint it if you want , however I liked the unfinished look
5. This project took me about 2 hours.