I decided to remove the PCB Eagle files from this project for now, and I will look into it. I will repost it soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience if the problem arise. IF anybody else have the problem with it, please let me know.
Palm Arduino Plus is an extension of Palm Arduino V3, an Arduino compatible board that is compatible with LEGO components.
There are several components added to Palm Arduino Plus such as the motor controller components and some other necessary connectors right on Palm Arduino PCB, so no external motor controller PCB is needed when we want to use Palm Arduino Plus to control motor and servo on the custom built LEGO vehicles such as R/C LEGO® Car (Redux), Wireless LEGO Race Car, R/C LEGO® "The Bull" Buggy, "12 Thumbs" R/C LEGO Dragster, R/C LEGO® Dart Shooter Droid, so no messy jumper wires to be seen.
Palm Arduino Plus can be used as an independent Arduino to develop another type of project that does not use servo or motor. The two 1x14 Arduino out put pins are provided so all digital and analog pins are accessible. To protect the Palm Arduino Plus as we are using it independently, we could built the LEGO case around it as we did with Palm Arduino V3.
Following is the list of the Palm Arduino Plus features:
- Palm Arduino Plus still has the same pin configuration that I designed on Palm Arduino V3, by grouping the communication ports (I2C, Serial Comm. Ports and SPI) on one side of the board, and leave the rest of the pins (Digitals, and Analogs) line up on the other side of the board sequentially.
- Added more standoff holes instead of four corner of the PCB, I used six holes along the width of the PCB, that can accommodate the Lego's stud, so the PCB could more securely sit on to the Lego's bricks or plates than Palm Arduino V3.
- 1x6 pin male header configured for FTDI cable for Arduino Sketch uploading.
- Retain two 1x14 Arduino output pins. So we could use the PCB as an Arduino for another type of project.
- Jumpers for Serial Comm. connectors to use either RX, TX pin on Arduino (D0, D1) or SoftwareSerial RX, TX that assigned to D2, D3 pins on Arduino.
- Added Servo connector (3-pin male header) on to the Palm Arduino Plus.
- Retain the 5V Regulator (that is connected to 6V - 9V Input power supply for motor.) to be used by servo.
- Eliminated the 3.3V Regulator, and replaced it with 1x2 JST connector to use 3.7V rechargeable LIPO battery as the power supply for Arduino and XBee module (or RX-XV WiFi module or Bluetooth module). See photo 2, 3)
- Added 6-pin female receptacle that is configured for bluetooth (pins compatible for Sparkfun's BlueSMiRF Silver with RN-42 bluetooth module, WRL-10269)
- Added two 2-pin male headers as motor output connectors from L293D/SN754410 motor controller.
- Added 2-pin male header as motor Input power supply (6V-9V battery)
- Replaced the SPST (Single Pole, Single Throw) switch with DPDT (Double Poles, Double Throw) switch to power ON or OFF both 3.7V and 6V-9V power supply at the same time.
- Palm Arduino + Motor Controller (L293D/SN754410) PCB
Note: More videos in Step 4.