Introduction: Pan-fried, Gluten-free Whole Eggplant Vegetables
This is one way of cooking whole eggplant vegetables stuffed with spices. The stuffed eggplants are shallow fried in a pan which makes it very tasty and spicy.
This gluten free dish can be served as main course with rice
Step 1: Ingredients
- About 300 grams of fresh Eggplant vegetables
- One teaspoon of cumin seed powder
- One teaspoon of fennel seed powder
- One and half teaspoon of coriander powder mixed with turmeric powder
- One and half teaspoon of red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
Step 2: Make Cuts on Eggplant Vegetables
- Rinse and clean the Eggplant vegetables. Do not remove the stems
- From top make two cuts diagonally to reach just above the stem portion of vegetables. Do not cut all the way down. The vegetable should remain whole with stems
- After cutting, open the cut and check for worm infection. If there are worms, discard the vegetable.
- Immediately place the cut eggplants in water to prevent discoloration.
Step 3: Stuff With Spice Powder
- Mix all spices like cumin seed powder, fennel seed powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder with turmeric powder and salt to make a uniform spice mixture
- Stuff the spice mix inside each of the cut eggplant vegetable and keep in a bowl
- Put the remaining spice powder on top of the stuffed vegetables in the bowl and coat the outer surface also
Step 4: Shallow Fry the Eggplant Vegetables
- Add enough cooking oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- When the oil is heated add the stuffed eggplants one by one into the oil
- Allow one side to shallow fry without disturbing. Otherwise the stuffed spices may fall out.
- Turn over the vegetables in the pan with a ladle or strainer
Step 5: Finish and Serve
- Once all sides of the outer surface of eggplants are partially cooked, cover the pan with a lid and keep over low flame. This will make the inside of vegetables to cook even without burning the outer skin
- From time to time, remove the lid and rotate the vegetables for even cooking
- Check a piece to see that the inside is cooked and not raw
Once all the eggplant vegetables are properly fried, remove from the pan to a serving bowl. the pan fried eggplant vegetables are spicy and can be served with rice as main course
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.