These pancakes are so easy to make and not so different from your standard plain pancake with the exception of having some yummy crispy bacon peeping out.
You could make these for almost any occasion whether it is Shrove Tuesday/ pancake day or an impressive breakfast in bed for a loved one. No matter what the reason you should give these a try.
To make the tasty treats you will need the following ingredients but you can pimp your pancakes how ever you like:
- Streaky bacon
- 135g plain flour
- 2 Tbsp of caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt 1 tsp of baking powder (to make them fluffy)
- 130ml of milk, got to be whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten into the milk
- 2 table spoons of melted butter, i like butter but you could use olive oil
Honey, maple syrup or butter to serve.
Step 1: Method
Use a flat skillet to cook your pancakes.
- Start off by frying your bacon and setting to one side, put it between some kitchen paper to drain off the excess oil
- Whisk the egg into the milk
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl - it is best to sieve your flour
- Whisk the milk and egg into the dry ingredients
- With a brush, brush a little butter on the base of the pan, this will give a nice colour to your pancakes and lets face it butter is delicious
- With a spoon, pipping bag or a squeeze bottle put the the batter in strips in the pan
- While this is cooking and you start to see bubble in the batter, place a single strip of bacon in each pancake
- Flip your pancakes and cook on the other side
Serve your pancakes with anything you like; honey, maple syrup or butter