My family refuses to call these just pancakes. The texture is very much like that of a scone. So fluffy and delicious!
To make them you will need:
2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg
2 cups milk
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
3/4 cup dried blueberries
**NOTE: Also delicious with zest of 1 orange and 1/2 cup cranberries in place of lemon and blueberries.
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
2. Mix the egg, milk, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Batter will have small lumps of cream cheese.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry. Then add the lemon zest and blueberries. Stir until moistened.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot pan. Cook until top have bubbles and edges appear cooked.
5. Flip and cook the other side.