This instructable will show you how to easily throw together some movieprop.
Created to simulate the effect of when opening a chest full of gold, or a box filled with mystery. <-- Hence the title "Pandoras Box"
It was done in about 5-6h.
Step 1: What do we need?
First of all, we need a fancy box.
Create one yourself, or buy one.
This is a jewelrybox from the beginning, but now it contains all kinds of evil.
It has a handy mirror inside to help reflect the light from the inside.
Then we need :
- Thermal compund (?) To transfer heat from the
- LED Diode. In this case a powerful XML-T6 from Cree.
- LM350- Voltage Regulator, but we will be using it for Current Control.
- A huge heatsink.
- 9V Battery or Minimum 6,5V (The more exact to 6,5, the better)
- Resistors at 0.47 Ohm. 5W+ capable preferrably.
- Microbreaker. When pressed, the light is OFF, when not pressed (lid up) it's on.
- Cables cables and cables!
- Coloured plastic! - Thin
- A normal switch, I/O.
- Misc. Tools like scissors, screwdriver etc.
But if you scavenge alot, you will get away with 10$