- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (Non-metallic if possible).
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3/4 cup sugar (Brown sugar makes an interesting combination).
- 1 large to extra large room temperature egg.
- 1 cup bananas. (about 1 1/2 average size or so bananas?).
- 1/2 cup milk.
Put the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar in to a large bowl.
Stir the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar till well aerated.
Crack the egg open into a separate bowl and then beat the egg.
Mash the banana or slice the banana in to 1/2 to 3/4 inch sections.
Add the egg, bananas and milk into the original bowl and mix till well combined. (A good heavy wooden spoon will make this easier).
Pour that mixture into a buttered and floured 8 - 9 inch cake or a regular loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes (The time may vary according to your oven).
Remove the cake from the pan and let the cake cool on a cookie type cooling rack.
Note: The house smells so good when you make it. Puddind recipe at https://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-dessert/