If you have pants/jeans that are too long and drag at the bottom, use the 3D printed U or S clips above to prevent them from wearing out.
OR if where you live cuff'ing your pant is back in fashion use the U clips shown in the first picture, to hold the cuff. 3D print the U clips in colored PLA filament to match the color of your Jeans, you'll need at least 4 U clips.
Use the S clip, where one end of the hook goes into shoe and the other end is used to hold the pant.The 3D printed part have tiny teeth which prevent the clips from falling off ..Watch the video above.
The 3D printed parts fit have a key ring which means you can easily carry the part with you on your key chain.
Step 1: 3D Print U Clip
Download the 3D printing software that you printer supports, in my case i am using the Printrbot Simple Metal which use Repetier-Host as a software to
- Slice the STL files attached, which basically means cutting the part into various layers
- And send commands to the 3D printer while printing
Download the STL file attached and load it in your printer software and slice the file, based on your printer setting
- Slicing the STL file should take about 3 seconds
- And the print time should be about 10 -15 mins
Step 2: 3D Print the S Clips
Download the STL file attached and load it in your printer software, here there are two sizes attached
Start by printing one of each size, and check which one you are comfortable with before printing the another which makes it a pair.
Based on your printer setting
- Slicing the STL file should take about 2 seconds
- And the print time should be about 8 -11 mins based on STL file you downloaded
Step 3: Using the S Clips
Once you have 3D printed at-least 2 S clips in colored PLA filament to match the color of your jeans.
Watch the video above on how to use the S Clip, basically
- one end of the hook goes into shoe
- and the other end is used to hold the pant
Step 4: Using the U Clip
Once you have 3D printed at-least 4 U clips in colored PLA filament to match the color of your jeans, in my case i choose blue..
Use 2 U clips for each leg as show in the picture above.
Between the S and U clips, I prefer the U clip as it easy to use and the S clip takes some time getting use too..