Introduction: Home Remedy : Papaya Leaf Oinment for Muscle Pain and Twisted Joints
Papaya leaves, Fruit and Sap from raw fruits all contain medicinal properties and used extensively in Ayurvedic System of Medicine.
In this instructable let us see how we can prepare an Oinment for external application to get relief from muscle pain, twisted joints and related ailments
Step 1: Items Required
- Papaya Leaves : One or two fresh leaves
- Tamarind : A lemon sized piece
- Castor Oil : About 50 ml
Step 2: Extract Papaya Leaf Juice
- Cut papaya leaves into pieces and add to a mixer-grinder
- Add small amount of water and grind to a fine paste
- Filter out the juice from the paste.
We need about 50 ml of papaya leaf juice
Step 3: Extract Tamarind Juice
- Add small quantity of water to tamarind and squeeze with fingers to extract thick juice
- Filter and discard the remains
Take about 50 ml of thick juice in a pan
Step 4: Preparation
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add about 50 ml of Castor Oil to it
- Add papaya leaf juice and Tamarind juice to the oil in the pan
- Mix well and stir continuously
Step 5: Remove From Heat and Store
- Once all moisture has been evaporated from the mix, it will leave the pan and will not stick toit
- Put off the stove and remove the pan.
- Allow the mix to cool down.
- Once the mix is cooled you can store the Oinment in a container with a lid
- Write clearly on the container about the Oinment in it so that people do not use accidentally for other purpose
Apply this Oinment over paining muscle, twisted joints and lightly massage. You will get relief soon.