In a new working environment, there is often a need for containers to hold and store the stationery or small tools like forceps and scissors. As paper is the most common material that could be found in most of the working environments and there are many wasted papers produced everyday due to either mistakes or some other reasons, those wasted papers can now be served as a resource to make a brush pot for this particular demand. The method provided in this tutorial is easy, quick and economical.
- The whole procedure usually takes no more than 8 minutes.
Step 1: Materials Required
1) 2 sheets of A4 size paper
2) (Optional) ~100 mL Wax
The wax can be used as a bottom padding or water proof material, it is recommended to add some melted wax into the finished item. Wax can be obtained by melting a candle in a pan at temperatures above 57 degree Celsius.
( For this tutorial, no wax is used )
Step 2: Construction of the paper brush pot
Part 1: Making the base
1) Fold the A4 sized paper into a square sheet (Figure 1)
2) Prepare the folding scaffold for the box base construction (Figure 2)
3) Fold the prepared sheets into a box base (Figure 3)
Part 2: Making the body
4) Fold the A4 sized paper into a tetragonal ring (Figure 4)
Part 3: Assemble the parts together
5) Put the body in the base and finalise the item (Figure 5)
Step 7: Assemble the parts and finalise the brush pot
Try to put the body and the base together.
The brush pot is virtually finished. At this stage, wax could be added into the brush pot for better performance.