Introduction: Paper GIF
In this Instructable I will be teaching you how to make this cool little paper GIF. If you don't know what a GIF is its just a bunch of picture put together to make a small moving image. In this case my paper GIFs are only two frames. They are great for entertainment plus they make great gifts... get it?
Step 1: Materials
In order to make a decent Paper GIF you will need the following...
- index card(s) if you want to make multiple
- a graphite pencil (recommended) or black ink pen
- colored pencils or just a type of coloring(optional)
- pencil sharpener (optional)
Any type of index cards would work but I use the unruled 3 inch x 5 inch cards.
I used pencil so if I made a small or big mistake I could fix it easily.
If your in a hurry color won't matter. Just make sure it looks detailed.
I break my pencils a lot.
Step 2: Folding Process
- Fold the card short end to short end. Or as some people know it hamburger style.
- Now it gets a little complicated. Fold one flap in half and do the same on the other side.
- At the end it should look like a little strip of paper 1/4 its normal size.
- When you open it it looks like this.
Step 3: Drawing...
First let me tell you I'm not good at drawing. Period. But doing this can enhance your drawing skills if you do it right.
- First you will need to to make your paper flap open only one of its flaps. Then draw your first stage of your animation.
- Next open it up to draw the final stage or ending of what it will look like when you open it.
- At the end of your exhausting drawing you might want to color it. If not your done.
- To make it work just hold on to the flaps on the two sides of the card. Open. Shut. Easy as that.
Step 4: Finished
Thanks for looking at my first instructable. Hope you liked it. By the way I created this little paper thing. Please give credit to me if you plan to post it or what not. Anyway in the comments tell me what you did I like to see others creativity.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.