Introduction: Paper Lamp for Diwali
It is Diwali time in India, festival of lights. I make a lamp every year to celebrate Diwali and decorate my house.
This design is based on Paper-Lamp-cathedral-Light by EzyCraft, beautiful and attractive lamps from paper
- I am not using A4 Size paper, So that to modify it to best fit for the sheet size available for me locally
- Optimized Support system
- Super glue not used as I always end up sticking myself
Also I wanted kids to be able to make it under adult supervision
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- A1 size cartridge paper
- Cutting Mat
- PVA Glue / Fevicol
- Glue stick
- Steel scale
- Paper cutter
- String lights
Step 2: Template
The cartridge sheet I got was smaller than A1. So that to come up with different template solution to get 9 sheets out from the sheet available. Details of the templates shown in the images. Template is not to scale, one needs to hand draw it.
Step 3: Cutting
- Cut three strips at 171 MM height or width along the long side of the sheet
- On plain A4 sheet, draw and cut based on template
- Using the above as master cut rhombus as shown in pictures
Step 4: Assembly
- We have 3 cuts at
- 83 MM : Interlock within same sheet
- 53 MM : Interlock with the next sheet ( N )
- 24 MM : Interlock with N + 1
Using a bottle really helped
Step 5: Supporting
- Cut 1 strip : 235 mm and stick it to overlap 5 mm as shown
- Cut a 8 circles with diameter 74mm
- Stick all the circle pieces together and cut a small opening to pass "string light plug "
- Glue the stip and circle using PVA glue or fevicol as shown
- Leave it to dry for 1 hr
Step 6: Electrical
I used old rice bulb string light with 120 bulbs.
Tie it in a bundle that is smaller and compresses inside the lamp as shown
May have to add a guide circle to center the lights
Step 7: Hang It
The string lights are strong enough to bear it's and the paper lamp's weight or Using a string hang from the ceiling
Test the lamp with different color string lights
Please share your comments