Introduction: Paper Rocket Launcher
This is our Instructable for a paper rocket launcher. It is pretty simple to make. Just follow the steps and you'll be able to make one, too!
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
You will need the following materials:
- Some pieces of paper
- Some thin cardboard
- A marker/glue cap
- A plastic bottle (preferably 1.5l size)
- A bike valve
- A push pull cap
- A long plastic tube/straw
- A glue gun
- A small drill
- An air pump
- Paint or other decorating materials (optional)
Step 2: Make the Rocket
- Take out a piece of paper and roll it so it's about the same size as the plastic tube/straw.
- Apply glue so it stays in shape even when you let go.
- Apply a lot of glue on one end of the paper roll and put the marker/glue cap on.
- Draw some rocket wings on the thin cardboard.
- Cut them out and stick them to the other end of the rocket.
- Decorate the rocket however you want (optional).
Step 3: Make the Launcher
- Drill a hole that is as big as the end of the bike valve near the top of the plastic bottle.
- Put the bike valve in the bottle so that the end of it sticks out of the hole.
- Apply glue to keep the bike valve in place.
- Put the push pull cap on the opening of the bottle.
- Attach the plastic tube/straw on the cap.
- Make sure air cannot leak out of the launcher.
- Decorate it however you want (optional).
Step 4: Try It Out!
- Plug the air pump to the bike valve on the launcher.
- Put the rocket on the plastic tube/straw.
- Close the push pull cap.
- Pump the air in and open the cap to launch the rocket.