Step 1: Materials & tools
We will need:
- a paper cup
- 1 sheet of A4 (or similar size) paper weight 160-250 g/m2
(you can also use the lid from the children's shoe boxes or foam trays for vegetables)
- a toothpick
- a segment-edge cutter
- 9V battery (or similar size block)
- an adhesive tape
- 1 permament marker (not nessesary)
- a hair dryer (not nessesary)
- computer printer (only if you do not have trays or cardboard lid)
Step 2: Cutting of paper cup
To build a model hovercraft will need about 25mm wide rings cut from the cup. This can be done using the knife and the battery (as well as photographs 2 and 3). If necessary, you can improve the scissors.
To cut a cover of the cockpit, you can issue the cards 9x9cm bent in half diagonally (photo 4). After drawing on the cup (photo 5), we cut out the element of scissors (photo 6). If we do not like the original decoration of the cup, we can painted over - for example, using a permanent marker (photo 7).