Step 3: More Materials
- 7 4' pieces of rebar, 1/2" dia.
- 12 or more 3' rebar "candy canes" (3' section of rebar bent to form a hook)
- sledgehammer for rebar
- 2 6' 1/2" sections of threaded steel pipe
- 1 1/2" pipe coupler
- 1 1/2" pipe tee
Rebar candy canes are much safer when sticking out of the ground. You might stub your toe, but you won't impale your shin. They also make excellent rope tie downs.
To make a candy cane:
1. Insert one end of the rebar into one 1/2" pipe about halfway.
2. Place the pipe and rebar on the ground against your house or a sturdy wall.
3. Slide the other 1/2" pipe over the exposed end of the rebar.
4. Grab the long end of the pipe and bend the rebar over. You may need someone to help you by standing on the rebar as you start bending it.