I am loving paracord now and after making this awesome keychain fob with hidden compartment I realized that I should have tried this as my first paracord project rather this one, because this is much simpler.
You will not believe me If I tell you that I tried 3 times before I could finally make a perfect one, silly mistakes, lots of learnings and off course some tricks which I discovered while making these.
I think it is a perfect hidden compartment for survival money. Imagine you forgot your wallet at home and driving your car and ran out of fuel. Thankfully you car keys are hooked to this fob with a $100 bill inside :)
I have realized that knot based projects can only be understood best if every step is captured as images. This is what I tried to do in this instructable, I hope you will find it useful and like it too.
Lets see how to make it.
Step 1: Required Stuff
- 3 paracords of 5 feet in length and color of your choice.
- A Cigarette lighter.
- A sharp scissor.
- A pencil
- Patience :)
- Something to hide like a dollar bill or your treasure map or a love letter, or teachings from your Grandpa or your secret James bond Laser weapon pen :D
Step 2: Find center
- Intestect two cords from their middle.
- Arch the horizontal cord (green) over the vertical cord (red) in opposite direction (See images above)
Step 3: Cross knot
- Weave top cord (red) into the lower right arch (green).
- Weave bottom cord (red )into the top left arch (green).
- Pull cord to form a loose cross knot
Step 4: Introducing the third cord
- Insert the third cord (white) from top and pass it through the center of the knot (See image).
- Let the third cord (white) pass through until its middle.
- Stretch the cords to make a firm knot (See image).