Throughout this Instructable, I will demonstrate how to make a paracord keychain, or a "survival keychain". You can create almost anything you put your mind to with 550 cord, and today we will be making a keychain. Follow closely and learn how to make a cool keychain that could come in handy someday. Check out my other Instructables and learn how to make other cool paracord creations.
Full and Easier to navigate version can be found on my personal site here: How to Make a Paracord Keychain
Also, find me on Facebook to check out my latest projects and blog posts: https://www.facebook.com/ParaVival
Step 1: What You'll Need
- 550 Paracord. About 7-8 feet
- Tape Measure
- Carabiner and key ring - On Amazon!
- Binder clip- Optional
Step 2: Starting With A Basic Cow Hitch
- Start by folding your cord in half.
- In part one of the diagram you will take the midway point of your folded cord and place it through your "O" ring.
- Now take the loose ends of the cord and place it through the midway point like shown in part 2 of the diagram.
- Pull tight and you now have your cow hitch. Make sure the two ends are equal lengths. If not, simply adjust accordingly.
Step 3: Prepping Your Inner Cords
- Place your loose ends through the bottom of the Carabiner and give yourself about 4 inches from the "O" ring to the carabiner.
- Fold the cord over and bring it so it meets up with the "O" ring.
- Attach the paper clip to hold the cord in place right up against the cow hitch.
- Fold the cord back up and bring it towards the carabiner.