For this necklace you will need:
* 12 feet of 550 Paracord (You actually need more than what's in the finished product or you'll come up short)
I got mine at http://countycomm.com/550cord.htm
. They have other cool military surplus items. Click the link in the upper left corner that says "Whats New" to see everything they have.
* Tiny split ring (1/4" should be good)
I got mine on ebay
* Larger split ring (What your tools will hang off of.)
* Hemostats or needle nose pliers(Not absolutely
necessary, but it helps.)
* lighter or matches
I use the countycomm stainless peanut lighter at http://countycomm.com/sslight.htm
* Mini firesteel or other 2" long, thin object
I got mine at http://firesteel.com/products/FireSteel-Mini.html
. It's 2" by 3/20". $0.49 with $4.00 flat rate shipping or free shipping on orders $100,000 (I'm not kidding you, read the top of your cart)
I used the ones at http://countycomm.com/premiumshears.htm
. They cut quite well.