The game is simple and fun. It could be used for an activity day and a good way to engage the students’ minds during recess. I will explain the basics of how to play and then add some optional twists
Step 1: Where the Game Works Best
This way your students don't end up running out in the road.
Designate A Penalty For Stepping Outside The Boundary Lines:
For example, they automatically become zombies, or, they must sit out for the rest of the game.
Step 2: Rules of the Game
1) Designate someone a “parallel zombie”. In which their hands must be extended in parallel fashion at all points in the game (even while running).
2) All other students are pedestrians.
3) Pedestrians must keep from being tagged by the “parallel zombie”
4) Once tagged, the pedestrian become a “parallel zombie”
5) The only defense the pedestrians have against the “parallel zombies” is their 'perpendicular cross'.
6) Pedestrians can only hold up the 'perpendicular cross' for a specific amount of time to which they must count out loud (say 10 seconds).
7) After all pedestrians have been turned to “parallel zombies” the game is over.