Introduction: Party Food: Cookies, Pies and Cakes
On a shelf in my room, I have a book i put together full of these different recipes I have collected overtime from various cookbooks. After recently skimming the pages, I found quite a few deserts. Seeing this contest gave me the idea to post these delicious deserts. I am only showing pictures from the book so, sadly, I'm not actually eating these delicious treats. There are three different recipes. A recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies, a recipe for Raspberry Rhubarb Pie and a recipe for Carrot Cake
Step 1: Carrot Cake
This is the recipe for the carrot cake.
2 cups sugar 1
1/2 cups oil
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups flour
3 cups grated carrots
(optional) 1 cup chopped walnuts (not to fine) or cup of raisins
1.Preheat oven to 350.
2.Blend oil and sugar.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Add dry ingredients.
5.Stir in carrots and nuts (or raisins). (optional) Save some of the nuts to decorate.
6.Use 9" x 13" pan. Grease pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 Stick Butter
1/2 Box of confectioner sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
Step 2: Raspberry Rhubarb Pie
This the recipe for the Raspberry Rhubarb Pie
2 tbsp. uncooked quick cooking tapioca
4 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (about 24 oz.)
3 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (about 6 stalks)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp. crème de cassis (black currant- flavored liqueur)
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
6 tbsp. flour
(optional) 1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/8. tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place tapioca in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground. Combine tapioca, raspberries, and next 5 ingredients (through 1/8 tsp. salt) in a bowl; toss well. Let raspberry mixture stand 10 minutes; stir combine.
3. Roll 1 (9-inch) dough portion into an 11-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray, draping excess dough over edges. Spoon raspberry mixture and any remaining liquid into dough. Fold edges under; flute. Bake 350 for 40 minutes .
4. While pie bakes, place flour and remaining ingredients in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Increase the oven temperature to 375.
6. Sprinkle topping evenly over pie. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is thick and bubbly. Cool
completely on a wire rack
Step 3: Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is the recipe for the Cookies
2 cups and tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar (dark or light)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-2 cup semi- or bittersweet chocolate chips/chunk
1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Either by hand or by electric mixer, mix butters and sugar until thoroughly blended. Mix in egg, yolk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, Mix in chips
3. Put parchment on a cookie sheet. Cook for 15 to 18 minute or, until golden brown.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.