Introduction: Pasta With Golden Tomatoes, Peas, and Ricotta
As spring extends into summer, pastas repurpose themselves into salads. Peas linger into the growing season and tomatoes pop on the vine in a myriad of colors. In this dish, shallots, lemon, and creamy ricotta mirror the flavors of fresh golden cherry tomatoes and bright peas. A transition from one season to the next, the dish is bound to please a potluck or serve your next dinner party.
Pasta With Golden Tomatoes, Peas, and Ricotta
serves 2, generously
1 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 cups shell pasta
3 tablespoons salt plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 shallot, minced
3/4 cup ricotta
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1 cup yellow golden cherry tomatoes, halved
- Add the frozen peas, shell pasta, and three tablespoons of the salt to a full pot of water. Bring to a boil until al dente.
- In a bowl, add the minced shallots, the ricotta, the juiced lemon, and the chopped thyme.
- Drain the pasta and allow to dry for a few minutes. While the pasta is still hot, add the pasta to the ricotta mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Reserve some golden tomatoes for garnish. Stir the rest of the golden tomatoes into the pasta when cool.
- Serve the pasta onto plates. Garnish the plates with the remaining golden tomatoes.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.