Introduction: Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach, Feta, and Sun Dried Tomatoes
This pasta was first made for me by a date, with heaps of fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and copious amounts of olive oil and sauteed garlic. Deciding to put my own twist to the dish, I leaned towards the Mediterranean. I switched the goat cheese for feta, the fresh tomatoes for sun dried, the minced garlic for fresh, and added a can of roasted red pepper. Hanging out in his kitchen a few weeks later, I tossed the finished pasta and photographed it on his window sill, light coming in from the coast. After a taste test, we agreed: if you both indulge in the garlic, this pasta is very romantic.
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach, Feta, and Sundried Tomatoes
2 cups dry pasta
1 cup roasted red peppers
3/4 cup packed spinach
3/4 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup sun dried tomato with oil
1/4 cup olive oil
5 cloves fresh garlic
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Boil the pasta until al dente.
2. Chop the roasted red peppers and garlic.
3. In a large bowl, toss the spinach, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, oil from sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, feta, and seasonings.
4. Drain the pasta. Toss with the remaining ingredients.
5. Stir the pasta until the spinach wilts. Serve the pasta immediately or wait until the pasta cools for a cold pasta salad.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.