Introduction: Patterns in Adobe Photoshop
This tutorial will teach you how to use patterns in Adobe Photoshop. I often saw patterns in other projects and later found it both compelling and easy to use. It will take minimum amount of time and create amazing effects.
For this tutorial you will need:
- Adobe Photoshop
- This great Creative Market seamless patterns that are both classy and user friendly.
Approximate time: 10 minutes.
Step 1: Creating a Pattern
- Open a pattern jpg picture in Adobe Photoshop
- Go to Edit > Define pattern (I used default settings)
- Your pattern is now added to the pattern choices and ready to use it
Step 2: Using Your Pattern
The easiest example of using patterns is with shapes.
- Select a shape tool (rectangle)
- Go to Layer > Layer Style > Pattern Overlay. You can change Scale to get a desired effect.
Voila, you have your pattern ready
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.