Introduction: Pav Bhaji
PLEASE do VOTE If you like the recipe (Voting button is on top right corner).
Introduction (Courtesy: Wikipedia):
Pav bhaji (Marathi: पाव भाजी) is a fast food dish from Maharashtra, India, consisting of a thick vegetable curry (Marathi:bhaji) fried and served with a soft bread roll (Konkani:pav).
The dish originated in the 1850s as a fast lunchtime dish for textile mill workers in Mumbai. Pav bhaji was later served at restaurants throughout the city. Pav bhaji is now offered at outlets from simple hand carts to formal restaurants in India and abroad.
Step 1: Ingredients
Here I made for 4 people, please adjust the quantity of ingredients as per your requirement.
- 1 Bowl green peas.
- 1 Bowl chopped tomatoes.
- 1 Bowl capsicum.
- 1 Bowl grated cauliflower.
- 3-4 boiled potato.
- Chopped coriander.
- Salt as per the taste.
- 1-2 tbsp red chilli powder.
- 1-2 tbsp coriander powder.
- 1-2 tbsp Garam masala.
- 1-2 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala (Optional. It will make taste better)
- For Pav (Soft bread), Butter
Step 2: Cooking
For easy cooking instruction please see the video,
Heat a pan then put butter.
Put chopped tomatoes.
Add Coriander powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
Mash the tomatoes well. Cover the pan and leave it to cook for 2 minutes.
Further mash well if needed. Now add capsicum.
Add salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Add around 1 small glass of water as it will help Bhaji to cook better.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Grated Cauliflower. Add green peas.
- Add boiled potatoes in mashed form.
- Mix well. Mash the whole stuff in pan so that everything gets well mixed.
- Add Pav Bhaji masala.
- Sprinkle Chopped Coriander. Mesh again.
- Cover the pan and leave it to cook for 2 minutes.
- For Pav Add butter in a pan.
- Keep the Pav in the pan making sure the whole base is touching the pan surface.
- Put little pressure on the top of each Pav. This will help in getting Pav cooked better.
- Turn the Pav upside down and again put little pressure.
For easy Audio (Hindi) and Video written (English) instructions, please watch the below video.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.