It is my goal here to change that.
I wanted to know how to bake a peanut butter cup into a cookie in such a way to create the greatest satisfaction of tasty goodness. I also didn't do much research on other sites before embarking on this, so I didn't have much in the way of guidance, other then "this seems like fun." I've provided notes at the end of most of the steps with information I took away and suggestions for future attempts. You're welcome to use or discard these suggestions (except for those in step 2). If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!
With all of this in mind, perhaps we should continue with this endeavor...
Step 1: Ingredients and Equipment
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- peanut butter cups
- Normal size
- Mini (what you might hand out on Halloween / fun size)
- Micro (chocolate chip size / very tiny)
- Bowls for Mixing
- Electric Mixer (I used a Kitchen Aid, any electric mixer will work)
- Cookie Sheets (baking pans)
- Wire Rack (not really needed, but I like to use)
I made a double batch of cookies in order to try all of the different styles I wanted. Follow the ingredients, not the image for correct proportions.