Romper is usually very picky about treats and will politely, when he is offered one, take it out of your hand only to spit it out when you're not looking. Today he politely took it out of my hand and sat down by the stairway to eat it - a good sign!
Hopefully your dogs will like this recipe too. I know that figs are not usually available so I'm sure you could use strawberries or bananas instead of figs and your pooch would not complain.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 c. rolled oats
2 heaping tbsp. of peanut butter
1/4 c. fruit (figs or strawberries or bananas or whatever your dog likes)
1/4 c. water
When I made this I used more than 1/4 c. fruit because I wasn't sure what I was doing.
Also, make sure that whatever fruit you are using is safe for dogs. If you have a pie pumpkin you're going to make pies with you could use a piece of it. They're supposed to be good for dogs and mine love cooked pumpkin!
Step 2: Preparing the Peanut Butter Balls
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Take you rolled oats and put them in a small bowl (you don't need much room for these).
3. Crack your egg open and pour the contents onto your oats.
4. Stir the egg up with a fork until it is is completely mixed in with the oats.
5. Add your heaping tablespoons of peanut butter to the oat mix. Make sure to stir this a while. I noticed that clumps of peanut butter with an oat coat would form. Make sure to break these up.