It's fall and all the farms around me are selling apples and pears. I don't like pies which are only sweet, so I decided to make a pear pie which is not a desert but rather a starter or a snack. I checked what I had at home and so the Pear Blueberry Brie Pie came to life :). It turned out really good (if you like sweet and salty), so here is what you need if you like to do it yourself:
- 4 Pears
- 1 Shallot (or regular onion)
- Brie Cheese
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry (approx. 40x25cm / 16x10 inches)
- 3-4 Table Spoons of Lemon Juice
Step 1: Prepare Everything
- Cut the pears and the shallot as well as the Brie cheese into very thin slices
- Take a fork and punch holes into the puff pastry (so it won't form huge bubbles underneath)
- Put the Brie cheese onto the puff pastry
- Add the shallot
Step 2: Add Pears, Lemon Juice and Blueberries
Add the pears, then sprinkle a little salt over the pears. Depending on how much you like the contrast between sweet and salty, add more or less than a teaspoon.
Then add the lemon juice and the blueberries.
Step 3: Bake & Enjoy!
Bake the Pie for approximately 25-30 minutes at 200°C (approx. 390°Farenheit). Take it out of the oven and serve it when it's still warm. Enjoy!