This is a great store cupboard meal, for when you need a quick after-work dinner.
Tinned pears are a fantastic thing to keep on hand, whether it be for breakfast, dinner or dessert.
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- a small knob of butter (optional)
- oil, for cooking
- 1 medium leek, roughly sliced
- 1x 400g/14oz. tinned pears, roughly chopped into small chunks
- 80-100g (3-3½oz.) pasta - I'm using mini shells
- ½ tsp dried thyme, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 50g (¾ cup) fresh parmesan, grated
- use 2 fresh pears instead!
- fresh thyme or tarragon is great too!
- use sharp, mature cheddar instead
- replace parmesan with "vegan-friendly Italian-style cheese" to make it vegan
Stir it up by adding any of the following:
- bacon or pancetta
- leftover chicken or turkey
- cannellini beans